Senior Frontend Engineer
We are expanding our product-led growth team to supercharge our Product-led transformation in Pleo, and we are looking for a senior FE engineer to join our team.
About the team - Product-Led Retention and Growth
We obsess about having happy, engaged, growing customers. Focused on driving retention and growth of our customer base, we work across teams and have the responsibility to find new ways of driving growth in our customer base across the customer lifecycle. We focus on distributing and activating value for our customers and delivering monetization for self-serve customers, through a combination of big bets and experiments.
In this role, you'll be part of a compact, agile team comprised of 3 engineers, a product manager, an engineering manager, and a designer.
About the role
We are looking for a senior FE engineer who can look beyond the code and see the bigger picture. As a growth team that works across teams and has the responsibility of finding opportunities to drive revenue growth through delivering customer value, we want someone who’s not only a champion of quality code, but who’s also happy to really plug themselves into both the customers and business needs.
The codebase is written in React & Typescript and structured into sub-applications, and you'll have the exciting opportunity to build large features across all sub-apps that interface with various teams throughout the company.
Your way to impact
- Continuously innovate and deliver awesome experiences for our customers, and continuously raise the bar on the quality and customer focus in the experiences we develop.
- Develop clean, maintainable, high-quality front-end features
- Take ownership of the delivery - your own and your peer engineers
- Collaborate with team members to set a high delivery bar, balancing speed and quality.
- Navigate complex technical challenges and contribute significantly to the overall technical architecture of Pleo.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers, fostering a culture of growth and excellence.
You know your way around
- Master in React and Typescript, with proven skill in learning & applying new libraries when needed
- Deep expertise in testing frameworks, including RTL, Cypress, or similar, is critical.
- Skilled in understanding and proposing API designs
- Proficient with version control systems, particularly GitHub.
- Familiarity with tools such as Datadog, Sentry, and tRPC is a bonus.
- The ability to understand Kotlin code is advantageous.
Your colleagues will say you have
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-motivated to drive solutions forward independently
- Critical thinking: You can balance short-term needs with long-term goals, and you champion customer and business impact.
- Curiosity and openness. You are open to learning, failing, reflecting, and applying learnings moving forward.
See how we think about frontend with this article from one of our engineers, Will, here:
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.
This is a big decision for both of us. If you join us, we’ll spend a lot of time together working on some pretty cool things. That's why we've designed a hiring process that allows everyone to make the right choice. Read more about how we hire here.