Senior Product Manager
We’re looking for our next colleague for our Cashflow Solutions domain. Here, we solve liquidity issues, empower users with better cash flow, and ensure they can rely on us for their most critical spend needs. It is one of Pleo’s newest domains, so if you love being part of discovery, prototyping, and building new products from scratch (and a minimum of tech debt). This is the place for you!
Who are we?
We are a Danish fintech startup - well, not that much of a startup anymore, but our values are deeply and strongly shaped around that. That being said, we believe in flat hierarchy and bottom-up decision making: from being around our offices, to the team meetings and our vocal slack community, working with us you will find a place where every voice is heard, where people spar their ideas and are not afraid to ask questions and improve themselves and others. We listen to each other and adapt accordingly.
At Pleo, we are building a future-proof product. We want Product Managers who build the future of Fintech by understanding the problems of today. Who take the problems and solutions, and add emotion into it. (We’re human beings, after all!) Change is inevitable, so we’re in the business of being creative. Your true superpower is inspiring your team to take risks creatively.
More about our team
As we build our Cashflow Solutions teams and capabilities, we are looking for a Senior Product manager for the teams that will scale existing products and build new ones. These teams will drive research around the cashflow problems that these customers experience and will build solutions to solve these problems. We have cross functional teams and we are still at the beginning of the journey, so as a Senior Product Manager you will have a high impact all along this process.
You will thrive in this role if you
- Have a great ability of translating complex scenarios into easily understood problems to solve
- Are a great collaborator of researchers, designers and engineers. You have strong communications skills which allow you to understand everyone, and explain anything to anyone
- Have a good understanding of technical complexities and how system architecture influences the best way to a solution.
- Have a strong analytical mindset and a toolbox for quantitative analysis, and able to use such analysis to prioritise and make great decisions
- Can thrive in the environment where some of your KPIs are shared with other teams across the company.
- Have experience of launching products in new markets.
- Have extensive experience in building user facing products within the constraints of regulated products.
- Have worked with financial products.
- Have worked with financial products before, specifically credit and/or cash flow related
Your colleagues say that you
- Are entrepreneurial - and have a lot of light bulb moments 💡
- Are easy to work with and a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
- Know that for a product team to really succeed, they need to be fully empowered
- Don’t mind challenging the status quo and you’re good at zooming in on the details while not losing sight of the holistic view
- Can't stop talking about product and fintech trends
- Listen to feedback but you can also drive your own agenda
- Can work and produce great results independently and in a team
And here are some nice gestures that we do
- You get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)…
- …or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, Montreal)
- Catered lunch in our offices
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Great parental leave: 100% paid, 24 weeks for primary caretakers & 8 weeks for secondary caretakers
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Continual learning and development opportunities
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.
This is a big decision for both of us. If you join us, we’ll spend a lot of time together working on some pretty cool things. That's why we've designed a hiring process that allows everyone to make the right choice. Read more about how we hire here.