Business Development Associate (Swedish Market)
Cash is old school. Out-of-pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun. The Pleo product ends out of pocket spending and gets rid of the outdated manual expensing process. The best part is when you join us you become a user of Pleo too!
Pleo is looking for a Business Development Associate (BDA) to join our Sales hub in Lisbon, while supporting customers in Sweden 🇸🇪
The 'BDA' team is expected to assist our smallest sized customers on their journey with Pleo, from their early days in the platform to becoming Pleo advocates.
This role is a hybrid role: primarily focusing on helping our customers sign up to Pleo, and adopt our features on their journey to become Pleo fans. Additionally, this role will also support our Partnerships Strategy, enabling our Partners to refer more customers to Pleo.
Important info ➡️ This role will be based from our Lisbon office 🇵🇹 which is our exciting Sales Hub. If you’re already in Portugal- great! If not, we’ll help you with the relocation, both practically with support and with financial help.
What's the role? 👀
- Assist our teams focus on the micro-customer segment (<10 employees)
- Nurture, support, and process sales for any new inbound lead belonging to our micro-customer segment
- Speaking to Pleo customers, encouraging and teaching them to grow and adopt more advanced Pleo features to get the most out of our service
- Focus on keeping our customers happy to ensure they stick with Pleo 🎉
- Assist our Partnerships Strategy 🤝
- Nurture the relationship with our smaller partners
- Grow the volume of customers that are referred by Pleo Partners📈
- Receive, qualify, and triage all inbound communication from all communication channels; email, Intercom (web chat), and/or other performance marketing channels
What we need from you on the first day:
- A degree OR prior experience working in a call center environment 📞
- Motivation to take your first steps into a Sales/ Customer Success career
- An entrepreneurial mindset; you are happy to pick up new challenges and give it a go!
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment, you develop as we grow 😎
- Exceptional people skills. After all, you are the first person that our customers will ultimately meet… first impressions are everything!
- Empathy - lots of it - and a strong inner motivation to support and nurture our customer base.
- Humility. You ask yourself "How can I create and build more value here?" instead of "What's in it for me?”
- Fluency in Swedish (plus English, our company language)
Show me the benefits!
- Relocation to Lisbon, office perks, celebrations, and team lunches/dinners. You’ll be part of our shiny, new Lisbon commercial hub
- Private health insurance
- Full ‘Pleo’ team onboarding and continuous coaching, we’ll equip you with all the tools you need to succeed in the role.
- Flexible benefits package of €2500 per year to spend how you wish! 🎊
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Croatia in September! 🇭🇷
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- 25 days holiday (annual) + public holidays
And here are some other nice gestures that we do…
- Use your Flex Benefits to purchase more holiday days
- Dog friendly office 🐶
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.