Regional Sales Development Lead (DACH & Nordics)
If you’ve landed on this page and are looking for your next Leadership role within Sales Development, we’re guessing you’re a people person who loves to inspire others in various ways? Could be something like teaching people the art of business development? Or leading a high performance team? Or is it helping frustrated Finance Director to find a new solution to managing expenses and reduce their internal costs instead of having to go through heaps of paperwork (obviously, they need to start Pleo’ing it 😉).
Well, if we’ve just described you and you’re looking for a role where you can have a real impact on company performance by leading innovative, scalable and effective SDR teams, we may have the perfect opportunity for you at Pleo!
But first, here’s a bit about us...
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. We’re doing this by transforming the future of work, some may argue that the future of work is already here.. But is it really?
While we’ve made leaps and bounds when it comes to revolutionising the workplace, there’s one area of business that remains stubbornly old school — we’re talking expenses. Teams are often left out-of-pocket. Time and money is swallowed up by laborious processes. And then there’s the needless bureaucracy. We’re here to change that. But we need your help…
So, what’s the opportunity?
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Development of Pleo, you will be responsible for the success of your DACH and Nordics SDR teams (circa 15 people altogether). You will have a wide canvas to design and build a world-class organisation that is responsible for delivering on pipeline targets and developing the next-gen talent pipeline for the sales teams. For this role we'd encourage relocation to one of our European offices! ☀️🌏
You will also:
- Accountable for the pipeline creation and revenue target achievement of your two territories- DACH and Nordics 🚀
- Leverage data and work closely with both the head of business development and the local sales leaders to set-up best coverage and strategy for those two markets📈
- Lead and set for success the SDR first line managers within your DACH and Nordics teams
- Actively support the SDR first line managers in hiring, training, and managing their teams of Sales Development Representatives to hit pipeline targets and for promotion to Account Executives roles
- Work closely with the enablement team to ensure both SDR's and SDR managers enjoy a continuous personal development 🤩
- Create synergies with the local marketing teams to grow the demand generation impact of the SDR team
- Contribute in the implementation of new tools to help the team gain productivity in their outbounding activity
- Design and implement social selling activities for the markets you are responsible for
- Work closely with regional sales teams to create a tight feedback loop with the Account Executive teams to ensure insights feed into the sales process 🔗
- Gamify the process to generate excitement and energy and motivate the team to exceed objectives through coaching and support
We believe you’ll thrive in this role if you 📣:
- Have a solid track record of experience in B2B SaaS Sales / Business Development
- Have experience in a leadership role gained within a SaaS/Fintech sales function
- Are an outbound expert and will know what it takes to make outbound work
- Have Deep knowledge of SaaS toolstack and lead sources (Hubspot, Salesloft, Zoominfo, Lusha, Demand base and/or similar.)
- Are analytical and data-driven decision making - obsessed with tracking and improving performance metrics
- Are energised by and thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving scale-up environment
- Are a great coach and leader. You can inspire and teach your team the art of sales, and instil confidence in them
- Are a great communicator capable of listening to the needs of many stakeholders, and able to then communicate your vision and requirements back to stakeholders of all levels
- Love people management. You’ll be leading an incredibly talented team. So you will need to know how to develop, lead, motivate and get the best out of people
- Fluency in English is a must, plus either fluency in German 🇩🇪 or Swedish 🇸🇪 would be an additional bonus!
Show me the benefits:
- Competitive compensation structure
- Flexible benefits package €2500 per year to spend on whatever you like; a course, tennis lessons, the dentist.. whatever you need! 💓
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Hybrid and flexible working options
- Trips abroad for team camps. The last one was in Croatia 🇭🇷
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do:
- 'Pleo' your lunch whenever you work from one of our offices!
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.