SMB Account Executive - Netherlands (Dutch Speaking)
👋 Something very very exciting is happening: Pleo is growing in The Netherlands!
And for that, we need someone who will help us make the best possible first impression on Dutch businesses. In other words, this role represents Pleo expansion into the Netherlands
More specifically, we are looking for a high-performing Sales Account Executive, to drive our mission to become the go-to spending solution everywhere in the Netherlands!
This role is not for the faint of heart. This opportunity is an accelerator for your career in tech sales.
Put simply - we need a smart, customer-centric Account Executive to help us build our presence in the Dutch market.
Your point of contact is the Pleo sponsors, namely the CFOs, CEOs, MDs, Operations Directors, and everyone else who might be the decision-maker in regards to the spending policy in SMEs
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? 💳
To get you off to a good start, let us just say that we are doing away with an outdated business process that’s been around forever – dreaded expense management.
We are doing that by helping customers to delegate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical/virtual commercial cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company. The best part is we're all users of Pleo ourselves - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients or a Mac for a new hire.
What's up to me? 🚀
Pretty simply - to help spread the good news of Pleo to the Dutch market, and get them to use it.
This role requires a high level of energy, a can-do attitude paired with an analytical and empathetic mindset. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting leads, outreach to companies, qualifying opportunities, collaborating, delivering amazing product demos, converting deals to handing over your deals to our customer experience team.
What we need from you on the first day 🚀
- Complete fluency in Dutch with full professional proficiency in English to boot
- Experience in Outbound B2B SaaS Sales is a must
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Pipeline management and ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥 - our sales process is dynamic and fast. You are geared to close sales every day!
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with
- Leadership potential - we are growing and we want you to grow with us!
- Humility. You ask "How can I create and build more value here?" rather than "What's in it for me?"
Show me the benefits! 🤩
- 25 days holiday (annual) + public holidays
- Flex Benefit budget of 2500€ per year (you are thinking taking dance classes? this is your chance!) 💃🏻🕺🏾
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- Budget to get private Health Insurance to ensure you're fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
- Trips for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Croatia! 🇭🇷
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
Head of Analytics Engineering
Berlin, Copenhagen HQ, Lisbon, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Montreal, Paris, Stockholm
Senior Product Director, Platform
Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen HQ, Lisbon, London, Montreal, Paris, Stockholm
Berlin, Copenhagen HQ, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Paris, RemoteSee more roles
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.