Sales Development Representative - UK Market
So, who are we?
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun.
To get you off to a good start, let us just say that we are doing away with an outdated business process that’s gate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical pre-paid cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company.
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series B-round investment in 2019 , and a Series C-round announced in April 2021 , we think we're onto something big.
Things you’ll be doing
- Building pipeline through cold calling, social and email outreach to senior finance leaders
- Qualifying potential deals before passing to AEs
- Using the best in class tools for creative prospecting
- Enabling others and sharing best practices to learn as a team
What do we need from you?
- You are a driven and ambitious individual looking to kick-start your career in sales
- You are proactive and ready to take on own initiatives to drive results
- Comfortable cold calling & getting out of your comfort zone
- You thrive on sales targets and constantly seek new ways to go the extra mile where needed
- A team player - you go out of your way to help your colleagues succeed
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset, ready to learn and grow every day
- Complete fluency in English
What do we offer?
- Salary is €36,000 + €9,000 OTE, with uncapped commission (incl. a competitive accelerator model)!
- A flexible benefits package of €2500 - you decide your own package based on what you value
- Accelerated career growth
- Regular trainings & skills development
- First in class tech stack (Lusha, Hubspot, Salesloft etc.)
- Join the fastest growing industry in the market - FinTech
- A great product that customers love and we believe in
- Great company culture + valued & empowered employees
- Encouraged relocation to our other offices in other European countries
What else do we have to offer?
- Pleo is an inclusive employer, so want you to be able to choose the benefits and perks package that works for you with your €2,500, i.e. mental health, spa, presents, sports, travel, extra holidays, and wherever your imagination takes you
- Team camps around the world (the last one took place in Croatia in Sep 2022)
- Grants for further training programs (just talk to your team)
- Your own Pleo card, we trust you to spend responsibly
- Free lunch and amazing snacks when you work from our office
- Free breakfast on Tuesdays
- Social events, i.e. occasional Friday bars
- 25 days holiday
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.