UK Mid-Market Sales Manager
We're looking for a person who is an entrepreneur at heart. Someone who sees that sales is a top priority when aiming for hyper-growth at a scale up like Pleo.
You would agree that our people are the strongest assets to bring in new revenue. You have the knowledge and passion for hiring, coaching and developing high potential sales people to make our UK team the most successful it can be.
If this sounds like a match so far? Super, let's keep going. We want to tell you a bit more about Pleo!
We're a company that deals with company spending: we think that all employees should be trusted to spend company money.
We do this through smart payment cards for companies: use your card, snap a picture of the receipt, and you're done. No more out of pocket expenses - no more boring expense reports. Our beautiful app makes it easy and transparent for management and finance teams to see what's being spent in real time, while taking the load of handling company spending off the finance team. Instead, companies who use Pleo delegate spending to all employees across the company.
It's an exciting time for us: we are in a very strong position as in our latest investment round we raised over $350M in Series C to grow. We have offices in Copenhagen, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon - and you’d be working out of our amazing new office in London.
The main objective for this role is to build upon our already successful momentum in the UK, and more importantly: take it to the next level of growth 🚀
- A proven track-record in outbound software sales and sales management 🤛
- Experience in hiring, coaching and developing people
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- You excel in a in performance- based sales culture 🚀
- High levels of EQ and empathy ✨
- An entrepreneurial flair: be it by founding a company before or being involved in a sales network
- Completely fluent in English (our company language)
- Confidence in being the face of Sales for Pleo in UK
Your colleagues say you
- Are an inspiring person
- Always leading by example
- Get your energy from interacting with other people and are a people person
- Are adaptable, curious and passionate about picking up sales methodologies & strategies
- Are competitive in a friendly way (without any sharp elbows)
- Have the ability to be both strategic and hands-on: you'll close the monthly target for your entire team if necessary
- Are someone they'd like to grab a coffee with, virtual or not ☕️
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - when you are at one of our offices 🍜
- Hybrid working; our sales teams tend to do 2-3 days in office per week
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Croatia - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- £2100 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy up to 10 days of additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay for part of your MBA - entirely up to you!).
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.