Senior Director of Regional & Partner Marketing
“Pleo was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2015 by”... That’s usually how an opening line about Pleo goes. But a lot has happened since! Pleo has grown fast and we now offer our services across multiple markets, to over 20,000 businesses and we are just getting started!
While we’ve made leaps and bounds when it comes to revolutionising the workplace, there’s one area of business that remains stubbornly old school; we’re talking expenses. Teams are often left out-of-pocket. Time and money are swallowed up by tedious processes. And then there’s the needless bureaucracy. We’re here to change that. But we need your help…
So what’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a forward thinking, modern marketing leader to take things to the next level. Reporting directly to the CMO, you will lead a team of talented marketers across our core and expansion markets as well as our growing partner marketing team.
You will have a passion for developing talent (afterall, we are nothing without happy, motivated people), have a commercial mindset and be obsessed with driving outcomes and impact. This is a critical role within the marketing competency, but it is equally important that you can connect the dots outside of the team. You will need to be a highly effective collaborator.
In this role you will..
- Develop, mentor, stretch and challenge our Regional and Partner Marketing team (spoiler alert, you will be inheriting a group of highly motivated, talented marketing professionals)
- Become a key member of the Regional and Market Expansion domain leadership teams, developing appropriate strategies and plans to support business goals and outcomes
- Represent Regional and Partner Marketing on the Marketing leadership team (consisting Brand and Communications, Growth Marketing, Product Marketing). This role will act as the glue that we need to bring these teams together and drive a truly integrated approach to our marketing
- Have overall ownership of regional and partner marketing targets (pipeline, ARR, expansion, retention) aligned to Pleo’s growth ambitions
- Work closely with SDR leadership to ensure close alignment of marketing campaigns and initiatives tied to outcomes
- Own and manage analysis and reporting of Regional and Partner Marketing performance vs. KPI’s
- In partnership with your team, develop plans and strategies that strike the right balance across our marketing efforts from top of funnel (acquisition) through bottom of funnel (retention and expansion)
- Contribute to the annual and quarterly marketing planning process
- Amplify local customer insights through case studies, customer advisory boards, and sourcing for PR.
- Track and monitor spend vs. plan prioritizing high impact activities
What you will bring..
- A solid understanding of the modern (SaaS) customer buying journey with the ability to develop plans and initiatives to increase engagement
- Experience in leading, managing, motivating and developing a geographically dispersed marketing team
- Experience in launching in new regional markets and building strong marketing functions from the ground up
- Experience working with central marketing functions and extending programs across the region optimizing and accounting for regional and local differences. You will play a key role in influencing the direction of travel for such campaigns
- Strong stakeholder management, ensuring alignment across key domains (specifically Regional Sales, SMB and Market Expansion) to define and validate marketing initiatives and programs
- Hands on knowledge and understanding of marketing automation tools (Hubspot is our tools of choice)
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience in marketing leadership roles with a track record of developing and leading diverse teams across multiple geographies
- Are a connector and an aggregator and work well in highly matrixed environments
- You are self-motivated, energetic and a data-driven marketer with a passion of building high performing teams
- Excel in a fast paced environment and embrace change and ambiguity
- Are results and impact oriented
- FinTech/SaaS background would be an advantage but is not essential
- Have the ability to travel, to engage and connect with your team and stakeholders
- Most importantly, you are a builder and not a maintainer
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Croatia - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay for part of your MBA - entirely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer; we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.