Security Operations Engineer
Does the idea of chasing adversaries on the internet and thwarting threats excite you? Are you a great problem solver? Keep reading!!!
As a Security Operations Engineer at Pleo, you'll join a team of highly motivated, talented colleagues, who love to collaborate and are empowered by helping people achieve their business ambitions. You'll also help take our security processes to the next level.
Our scaling security team is responsible for securing Pleo, our colleagues, and our customers. This is achieved through Security Operations focused on event data, incident response, and tooling and the automation of all of that to free up SecOps engineers to be able to focus on what matters.
In this role you’ll also act as a security standard-bearer, working closely with IT in helping them make security-conscious decisions.
To give you a better idea, here are some tasks you might do as a Security Operations Engineer at Pleo
- Collaborate with the IT team to review and manage our security controls, access controls, and identity management;
- Assisting IT with the implementation and integration of SSO for all corporate SaaS solutions and tooling;
- Work on the implementation and maintenance of our security event monitoring tooling;
- Manage the tooling stack to effectively detect and respond to security incidents;
- Help build our security incident management and forensics capabilities;
- Respond to, triage, and investigate potential incidents across Pleo’s infrastructure;
- Implementing security orchestration and automation on top of existing solutions.
The nitty-gritty skills
- Fundamental technical understanding of key technologies such as AWS, GCP, Okta;
- Fundamental understanding of modern operating systems. (macOS, Linux, Windows,...)
- Experience with SIEM (Ideally with Splunk)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Golang, ...) to solve operational problems in production environments
- You may have some experience with Identity and Access Management systems like Okta;
- You have experience in operational security, threat detection and response.
Nice to have
- Open to learning and working on new domains and technology.
- A passion for information security
- You are a hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
We don't really care about certificates, degrees, and all that jazz. However, we won't penalize you for talking about your super-relevant degree in computer science or showing off your brand new certificate. We also don't need you to have x years of experience in information security, but would of course love for you to tell us about any experience that you think is relevant for the job.
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- Trips abroad for team camps. This year we went to Croatia - we'd love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days of holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritizes different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.