Mid-Market Account Manager - German Market
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun. The Pleo product ends out of pocket spending and gets rid of the outdated manual expensing process. The best part is when you join us you become a user of Pleo too!
Pleo is looking for a Mid-Market Account Manager to join our team in Berlin!
- To generate new leads and opportunities within assigned existing customer accounts via upsell and cross-sell techniques, including the identification of opportunities in new buying centres
- Ensure customers renew their contracts for existing products or services
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified, active opportunities and manage them to close
- Develop, document, and gain agreement on the account sales strategy
- Orchestrate internal and external resources throughout the customer lifecycle
- Participate in account planning sessions
- Focused on the customer segment with 50-250 employees
What we need from you on the first day:
- A background in Account Management, Customer Success or Sales 💪
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Leadership potential - we are growing and we want you to grow with us!
What's in it for me?
- Uncapped commission structure
- Flexible benefits package of €2500 per year; spend it how you like; tennis lessons, more PTO, dental plan.. a new puppy? Whatever makes you happy!
- Onboarding 'Bricks' programme to get you set up for success!
- Full ‘Pleo’ sales onboarding and continuous coaching, we’ll equip you with all the tools you need to hit your targets.
- We’re Series C and scaling; grow your career in Sales with us or even move to another team, we’re open!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending) - as a remote worker you get a budget to kit out your home office (no more back problems from your old chair) and a budget to spend on co-working space if you want to get out of your home office!
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Croatia in September! 🇭🇷
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- 28 days holiday (annual) + German national holiday days
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.