Mid-Market Account Executive - UK&I
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun.
Pleo are looking to grow our UKI sales team, in our amazing office in the heart of Old Street.
Pretty simply - we need you to help keep spreading the good news of Pleo to the UKI Market and get them to use it.
What's the role? 👀
- You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle; from outbound prospecting (together with our SDR’s), to qualifying opportunities, delivering amazing product demos and converting deals
- Working to both new business and account growth revenue targets; your focus is to build new relationships with buyers, plus maintain excellent relationships with existing clients.
- Working side by side with our Customer Success team to make sure the customers in your portfolio adopt and grow with Pleo.
- You will become an expert on expense management, upselling brand new features to your existing client base..
What we need from you on the first day:
- A background in SaaS sales is preferred; ideally you’re coming from either an Account Executive closing position, or a Account Management role.
- A track record of successfully working to sales quotas and targets, ideally including sourcing and closing your own deals.
- Great rapport building and confident presentation skills, we need you to ace those demos and get the deals closed.
- Strong ability to accept feedback, adapt to new situations, and demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Experience in Account Management is helpful, including upselling and contract renewals.
- Fluency in English
Your colleagues say you:
- Are easy to work with
- You make it happen!
- Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows, politics, or egos in Pleo. We succeed as a team.
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not) ☕️
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Hybrid working: we do 3 days in office /2 days at home weekly for this role, you choose which days
- Team events and meetups, our last social was a boat trip on the Thames
- Private health insurance cover with Vitality
- 25 days holidays (annual) + the option to buy up to 10 days extra
- Lunch is on us whenever you work from our London office
- Flexible benefits allowance of £2100/ €2500 a year, spend it how you wish! Tennis lessons? dental cover? Whatever makes you happy 💝
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.
This is a big decision for both of us. If you join us, we’ll spend a lot of time together working on some pretty cool things. That's why we've designed a hiring process that allows everyone to make the right choice. Read more about how we hire here.