Mid-Market Account Executive - German Market
Guten Tag! 🇩🇪
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun. The Pleo product ends out of pocket spending and gets rid of the outdated manual expensing process. The best part is when you join us you become a user of Pleo too!
Pleo is looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join the Berlin team.
As an Account Executive, your primary focus is to spread the good word about Pleo in Germany and help us scale in the DACH region.You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting leads via outbound activities, qualifying opportunities, delivering amazing product demos, converting deals to handing over your deals to our customer experience team.
- Exploring and strategically developing Pleo’s market in Germany
- Qualifying opportunities together with a Sales Development Rep
- Outbound sales conversations & holding demos with forward thinking companies
- Converting deals and closing before handing over clients to our Customer Experience team.
- You'll also be partially supported by marketing, who deliver warm leads straight into your pipe (at an above-industry-standard rate).
What we need from you on the first day:
- A background in sales (SaaS Account Executive sales experience is preferred, but if you have relevant B2B sales experience, we'd also like to talk to you! You will execute email, social & calling outbound prospecting campaigns
- Complete fluency in German 🇩🇪 (and English, our company language)
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we need you to strategically build our German presence
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Leadership potential - we are growing and we want you to grow with us!
What's in it for me?
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!) 💳
- Lunch is on us 🍜
- Hybrid and flexible work arrangement from the Berlin office
- Trips abroad for team camps. Most recently we went to Croatia - we'd love to see you at the next one!
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget. We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym or book a professional coach - it's entirely up to you. Ask us about what we offer, and we'll be happy to outline more.
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- 28 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.