Software Engineer - Backend
You know your way around
- Server-side languages (we mostly use Kotlin and TypeScript but we know you can learn new languages)
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Heroku, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean)
- ...and micro-services / distributed systems (Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, Consul)
- DevOps culture and tools (Travis, Gradle, Terraform)
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Spanner)
- Basic scripting (Bash, Python)
Your colleagues say you
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Know that Go is more than a board game
- Never stop being curious and love learning about new languages/ frameworks/ working styles
- Are easy to work with
- Would be a person that they would actually like to have a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Love knowing how things work
- Probably are an ace at board games
- Take on challenges
- Probably work in IT (moms)
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Lots of learning and development opportunities
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course 🌴
- Ability to work from home
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- A €2500 annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!)
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work 👶🏻
And here are some other nice things to look forward to 👀
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Got any questions?Read our FAQ
Apply for this role
We’re looking for new friends, gifted minds, team players, restless talents and passionate problem solvers.
Some more roles for you...
And it doesn’t stop there. Why not have a browse at our other open roles in this department?
How Pleo hires
The first call(s)
Let’s get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, your motivations, and give you more information about the role.
The task is deliberately open-ended and based on something you'll actually work on. There are no right or wrong answers here.
The team interview
Expect to share a (virtual) meeting room with two to three people you'll work with regularly if you get the job.
The final interview
A call with someone in leadership who’ll walk you through the big picture and chat about how your role will figure into that.